1.16.2012

Only Love

     "....Hate cannot drive out hare; only love can do that" - MLK, Jr.
I'm so happy to be able to call Martin Luther King, Jr. my Morehouse Brother. I am a part of his legacy and I'm am reminded of that every time I gaze upon his statute that stands so tall in front of King's Chapel on Morehouse's campus. We all stand on the shoulders of giants like MLK, we are all here doing what we do because they had the courage to do what they did. Because of them we can aim higher and dream bigger. I pray everyday that God can use me in the same way, to pave the way for the dreamers and freedom fights of tomorrow. To let me love like MLK did, to fight back with love even in the face of adversity and extreme hatred. He was a true example of what it means to love and live like Christ. Let's all make him proud and live so that his actions were not in vain.

Only Love, Happy Martin Luther King, Jr Day!

Be Enlightened:
"Letter form a Birmingham Jail"
Speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment