6.20.2011

Hair Update



Ok let's make this fast I missing Secret Life. First off that bottom picture is awkward as heck, but any where I'm hear to talk about hair not my natural awkwardness. Oh and my eyebrows look...... ok ok to the topic at hand. It's been about to weeks since mi madre cut off all my permed ends. My last perm was in August of last year. stretching my perm for about a month and half I decided to give this natural thing a try for a full year and then I would decide if I wanted to perm it again. As my curls continued to grow so did my hope in my natural hair. It's growing so fast. I'm in love. I love how versatile my hair is now, sometimes I just hop in the shower co-wash my hair and hop right out and head out the door. Don't get me wrong I still get nervous, especially when I see old pictures of me with long flowing pressed hair. But every day I wake up and I look in the mirror and my beautiful curl and waves remind me that it's all worth it.

It's all worth it!

People have also been complimenting me on how different I look with shorter hair. Yesterday my brother came over and before he left he told my mom that he's never noticed how pretty I was before. When my mom told me that I was a little mad at first like "what did you think of me before now" but then I thought about it and I understood what he was saying. Like most people have been saying, shorter hair highlights my facial features and showcases a side of me that no one has ever seen. I also think that the change created a change in my spirit. I'm feel freer, I notice that I'm not as worried about what others think of me anymore. I love walking into crowded places with my fro all out just daring somebody to say something. My spirit, my personality, my soul all have transitioned along with my hair.

If I had to sum up in one word the feeling that my natural hair has sprung forth in me I would say....

COURAGE.

The COURAGE to be me, natural, raw, and unadulterated.


I am no longer a skeptic.

Alright 'tis all for now, I'll edit this later (I probably won't), gotta go watch Secret Life.

peace & Love,

Myss Dior Cherie

No comments:

Post a Comment