5.24.2011

Nubian Nuggets

This past weekend my lil' sister graduated high school. I'm so proud of her. I was so happy to see all my family, I hadn't seen them since I've been back in town. We always have so much fun together as evident in this photos.

My sister and her friends.
Brothers and Sisters.
w/ mi madre

One big happy family.
My niece is growing up so fast.
clownin'


swag swag

and more swag
I get it from my mamma!

I entitled this post Nubian nuggets in reference to my hair. I was doing a twist out but my mom and sister loved my bantu knots. They kept telling me to wear it like that, but I was hesitant. I'm still learning to be proud of my "transitioning" hair. I braved it out and wore my hair in bantu knots and, to my surprise, everybody loved it . My family has really been skeptical about me going natural but I think the idea is growing on them My cousin called them nubian nuggets and I think that's what I'm going to call them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment